Full width home advertisement

mailchip

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

.... AN OPEN LETTER TO MYSELF....



An Open Letter to Myself in Five Years



Dead Friend,

I write to you again this year as I have promised before now that I would. And its with great joy that I write to you again today. As much as I would have love to coax around with you, I am duty bound to bring to your remembrance some salient points.According to Walt Disney,"the way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing". And surely that will I do. The sole purpose of my letter to you is to bring back to you the important lessons I have learnt all through my stay in the school of Hardknocks. I hope you will be studios enough to put the lesson to heart.

 

I could recollect vividly, how your journey at the school of Hardknocks also known as the University of life commenced on the twelveth of May, twenty-something years ago. Well, it was not really like you had any choice as touching when to be born or where to be born. It was completely dependent on the royal prerogative of the supreme being.

 

Looking back today, over your twenty-something years in the school of Hardknocks, I believed you must have seen life displayed in various shades. At a point it has white, at another time it may turns black,later on you would have beheld it has ash and even sometimes may seems a little like grey. Life at the school of hard knocks was totally unpredictable and this always bring to my mind the wise saying of Eleanor Roosevelt:"If life were predictable, it would cease to be life and be without flavor". And also Helena Kelley opined that life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. These words has kept me going for years  at the university of life.

 

Prendere appunti con carta e penna aiuta ricordare meglio che con ...


My friend, I must let you remind at this point that life is completely a daring adventure and with this point of view, as I have stated earlier, was how we have survived this far in the school of Hardknocks. Life is very adventurous and with the adventure comes different lessons and experiences.

 

For your sake my friend, I had to review and reflect severally over all the lessons I had learnt from various teachers. I had to once again dust all my old notes in bid to compare it with that of people who had gone ahead of us, passing through the school. As I carefully examined and reflected on each and every specs of lessons and experiences, I was enlightened to see that there exists a topic, a central theme on which all other lessons and experiences were were pivoted. This lesson is one which none of us can outgrow, our level or position notwithstanding. It is a lesson about PURPOSE, PLAN AND PURSUIT.

 

My most trusted ally,please be informed that this singular lesson,as I have later discovered is the most important lesson we can ever learn in the university of life. It's so important so much that it was able to create the dichotomy that I have seen aforetimes between the student of the school of Hardknocks. I have seen students drop off the school purely because they never for once pay any attention to discovering their PURPOSE,acquire detailed PLANS and deligently engagement in its PURSUIT.

 

Purpose, as I have researched, is the original intention of the creator behind the creation of an entity- humans and things. The world celebrated leadership expert, late Dr. Myles Monroe pointed out clearly when he stated that the abuse(abnormal use) of a thing is due to lack of purpose. Some fellow students at the university of life have noticed this to be not only theoretically plausible but also practically possible. And if I must add, a strong understanding of this concept has made great difference between all the hardknockers.

 

There is a PURPOSE for everything,this I have come to believe. There is a PURPOSE for for everyone,this have I discovered. Purpose is a light and the source of enlightenment for millions.

 

Purpose is the transporter for vision,plan is its vehicle and pursuit,its wheel.

Purpose gives birth to everything. All things were birthed by purpose and for a purpose.

Purpose gives birth to a vision.

Vision employs a plan.

Plan engaged the help of pursuit in the attainment of the Purpose.

 

As you celebrate your twenty-something years as part of the student at the school of Hardknocks, I held a deeply entrenched conviction that your gratitude should go first to Yahweh,our God, creator and the master of all purpose. If not for Him on yourside, the enemy would have push you out of the school.

 

You should also be greatful for all the faithful languages that has since been invested into your development in all ramifications. Remember and be thankful to your parents and all your teachers who has help teach, groom, instruct and direct you towards the right path. Never for once forget all they have done for you.

 

You should also be thankful to all those who has gone ahead of us in this school of Hardknocks. Thank them for setting the pace and blazing the trail. If not for their laid down examples, we would have struggled too much and might have even give up.

 

And to you my friend, who had started up a gum tree together with me ones without number, I would lastly say happy birthday. As you celebrate another year as an hardknocker in University of life, be reminded that you will face my ups and downs but no matter what never let yourself to be defeated by them. Also remember that the future belongs to those who  believe in the beauty of their dreams and are purposefully passionate with their plans to pursue it. Once again, I wish you a wonderful birthday celebration, God bless your  new age.

 

From Me,

To my closest friend, Myself.

Tirimisiyu Oluwatobiloba Dolapo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We value your response, Give your comments here

Bottom Ad [Post Page]